I wrote a thousand songs in the sand and the sea took them,
erased my silly words and swallowed the feelings behind them
uncaring of my grief, it drowned the tears I shed
and lay them to rest beneath countless others,
it hid them beneath the earth itself, under sea shells;
and only returned my tears, for the tears are salt
and the sea did not want more of it.
So I wrote again, little nothings and little stories
on and about the exile I was forced to take,
but I would not give them to the sea, for it betrayed me once
and could do so again if it so will it my message would be lost
forever and ever, until the sky above my head collapsed
and shatter me to a thousands of hundreds of pieces,
so I took a bottle and place them there,
corked it and tossed into the sea,
for he could hide those words if it so wanted,
but could not erase the sentiment behind them.
1 cup milk
1 cup coconut milk
4 egg yolks
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. coconut extract
1 cup dried coconut (sweetened or unsweetened it's your choice!)
Favorite crust (I use the graham cookie crust)
How you do it:
- In a heavy saucepan, add the milk, the sugar and the cornstarch and mix well, until both sugar and cornstarch has dissolved.
- In a cup, mix the coconut milk and the egg yolks together well.
- Place the saucepan at medium heat and stir. Incorporate the coconut milk & yolk mixture. Continue stirring until it has begun to thicken.
- Keep stirring until all has incorporated well and large bubbles come up to the surface. Remove from fire and add the extract, mix well.
- Pass through a sieve to remove whatever lumps are in. Add the dried coconut and mix well.
- Place in crust and let it cool for half an hour at room temperature. After that, you can put it in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Take out of fridge 20 mins before serving.
( Read more... )
- Favorite Character
- Favorite Relationship
- Favorite Line or Scene
- Free Day.
I did for day 1 Cassian Andor. For day 2 I did Jyn & Cassian, for day 3 I used Cassian's "Rebelion's are built on hope." quote. For day 4 I did an edit of Diego Luna, for day 5 I did Poe blowing Starkiller Base, for day 6 I did Shara Bey & Kes Dameron and for day 7 I did my favorite Bail Organa quotes.
I'm quite proud of my work save on day 1, it was rushed and it could have been better, but oh well. And I have to say, it was fun to participate in something that celebrated the Latinx community for once. Specially in Star Wars, so yay.
On Jessica: Edward, thoughts and actions are two very different things. Learn to know how to make a difference on that.
High school. Purgatory no longer, it was now purely hell. Torment and fire…yes, I had both.
While this quote is completely unremarkable, for me, it signals the obsession he'd develop on Bella. And yes, I'm not afraid to call it obsession.
Ah and there it is, Meyer's favorite word.
( Read more... )
My snarkery and commentary is in purple. White is actual quotes.
No. You listen to me you little shit. High school is in no way whatsoever a way to atone your sins. You killed people. You went on a vigilante inspired kills, so excuse me while I don't see it as a way to atone your sins. In fact, nothing and I repeat NOTHING you do comes even close to atoning your sins.
So drop a note if you'd be interested in reading it, to know if I should go ahead and post them again.
1 cup dried cranberries
How you do it: